Home » 70 Latest Wedding Gown Styles In Nigeria 2022 (Pictures)
Last updated on By Stella Anokam 7 Comments
If you’re looking for ideas of the best wedding gown to pick for your big day, this is the post for you. This post features our picks of the latest wedding gown styles in Nigeria. No matter your budget or style preference, I’m sure you’ll find your own wedding gown style in this post.
Topics Covered show
Bridal gown shopping is stressful but it becomes easier if you had visual ideas and pictures of the best bridal styles to try on before you even visit the bridal shops.In this post, you’ll see different wedding gown styles from high-profile and celebrity Nigerian weddings.
This post is divided into 2 parts, first you’ll see 19 beautiful wedding gown styles photos and then a video with over 50 more pictures. Now, let’s dive straight into it – our favourite wedding gown looks Nigerian brides are choosing for their white weddings.
1. Beautiful Fitted Wedding Gowns with Detachable OverSkirt
- Above left: Off-shoulder long sleeve fitted lace wedding gown with detachable over-skirt style train and tattoo lace sleeves. The detachable skirt gives the illusion of a ball gown, and when it’s removed the dress transforms into a different look, a fitted dress that can be worn as a reception gown.
- Above right: Gospel singer, Mercy Chinwo, in her modestly elegant long sleeve fit-and-flare wedding gown with top round neck and a ruffle overskirt that flows out into a floor-sweeping train behind. See all Mercy Chinwo’s wedding lookshere.
2. Stylish Draped Off-Shoulder Sheath Style Wedding Gowns
- Above left: Off-the-shoulder satin sheath wedding gown featuring a draped neckline, thigh-high side slit and a full detachable overskirt that gives the dress the illusion of a ball wedding gown. After the church ceremony, this convertible dress easily transforms into a sexy second look to make a sexy wedding reception dress.
- Above right: Nollywood actress, Ini Dima in her sleek off-the-shoulder sheath-style fitted wedding gown featuring a puffy diagonally draped bodice and side draping. The gown flows into a floor-weeping, soft cathedral train behind. See all Ini Dima’s wedding looks here.
10 Elegantly Chic Court Wedding Dresses for Nigerian Brides
3. Stunning Sweetheart Neckline Off-Shoulder Wedding Gowns
- Left: Sexy mermaid gown with off-shoulder straps and a sweetheart neckline.
- Middle: Off-shoulder A-Line wedding gown with fitted bodice (top) and a flowy chiffon skirt
- Right: Off-Shoulder satin mermaid gown with plunging illusion neckline and a full flare at the knees
4. Elegant Fit-and-Flare Wedding Gowns
- Above left: Long sleeved mermaid wedding dress with full lace top
- Right: Satin fit-and-flare wedding gown with lace top and cap sleeves and a flowy sheer overskirt that doubles as the dress train.
5. Pristine Wedding Jumpsuits for Brides (Instead of Wedding Gown)
- Above left: Wedding jumpsuit with a sheer see-through long-sleeve, and soft pleated flowing chiffon overskirt | Credit: @sheinofficial online store
- Middle: This bride looks effortlessly elegant in her sleek white satin bridal jumpsuit featuring a cross-shoulder one-hand draped bodice. | Credit: @felixcrown photography
- Right: Nollywood actress, Ini Dima Okojie wore this two-piece strapless white bridal trouser suit for her civil wedding. You can see all Ini Dima-Okojie’s wedding looks here. | Credit: @inidimaokojie
More Nigerian brides are choosing to wear bridal jumpsuits for their civil wedding ceremony, after-party and even for their wedding reception. White jumpsuits are a perfect alternatives to traditional wedding gowns, and became popular during the pandemic. The wedding jumpsuit trend was embraced by brides who had a minimalistic lockdown weddings. We love that white jumpsuit for brides give a crisp, refreshing and modern vibe.
6. Gorgeous Wedding Ball Gowns with Different Top Details
- Above top: Off-shoulder princess wedding gown with lace top/ bodice that leads to a layered chiffon skirt
- Centre: Long sleeve wedding Ball Gown with an Illusion lace top featuring a sweetheart neckline details
- Above Right: Boat neck long sleeve satin wedding Princess Gown
7. Strapless Ball Gown with Tiered Skirt and Fancy Back Detail
Above: Celebrity makeup artist, Anita Adetoye known as Anita Brows, in her romantic satin wedding ball gown that features a strapless sweetheart neckline, asymmetric softly layered skirt and a fancy big bow at the back. This dress is perfect for a princess/ fairy-tale themed wedding. See the best wedding guest looks at Anita Brows wedding.
See More: 50 Best Wedding Gown Styles
Latest Wedding Hairstyles: Hair Style Ideas for Nigerian Brides 2022 (Pictures)
Latest Bridesmaid Dresses and Styles in Nigeria (2022)
Latest Flower Girl and Little Bride Dresses Plus Hairstyles for Weddings
Wedding Gown Styles Shopping is Easier When You Have a Rough Idea of Styles to Try On
There are many wedding gown styles in the markets and each one is specifically designed for some type of women’s body.
Choosing the best wedding gown that will flatter your figure and/ or hide some the areas you want to stay out of focus (such as a big tummy, fat rolls, fat arms) is the reason why brides spend a lot of time when buying their bridal gown.
Aside from looking pretty for yourself, you also want your groom to fall in love with your wedding dress. Your dress is one of the surprises your guy looks forward to on your big day.
Believe it or not, we’ve heard grooms reveal that they were disappointed with their bride’s dress the moment they first sighted her on the wedding day.
So, start early to find the right wedding gown style and ensure to have an idea of dress styles to try when you go shopping. Hopefully, the gallery of the latest wedding gown pictures featured above can help you find the right dress you’ll never regret buying.
Types of Wedding Gown Necklines and How to Choose (w/ Photos of Neckline Styles)
WEDDING GOWN SHOPPING GUIDES & TIPS
- 17 Wedding Gown Shopping Tips to Save Time and Money
- Must-Know Things Before Buying a Wedding Gown
More Wedding Gown Style Guides
- Wedding Gown Train Choosing Guide: 7 Things to Consider
- Wedding Gown Bodice Types and How to Choose
- Mermaid Gown vs Trumpet Style vs A-Line Dress vs Ballgown Wedding Dress
- The Different Parts of a Wedding Gown by Name
What’s Your Wedding Gown Style?
If you are in the middle of choosing a wedding dress, the above video and images of the latest Nigerian wedding gown styles in the video above gave you ideas on the dress styles to try on when you go dress shopping.
Finally, be sure to think of how you want your groom to see you look and how you want your grooms to feel the first time he sights you in that outfit.
That’s all on the latest wedding gown styles in Nigeria. If you like this post, help us share it on social media. Thanks in advance!
Now, I’d like to hear from you. Which of the featured wedding gown styles are you likely to say ‘yes’ to? Comment down below to tell me.
- Cover Photo: wedding gown: @elizabethandlacebridal & photographer: @klalaphotography (left) | wedding gown: @elizabethandlacebridal & photographer: @ralphgeonzonphotography (middle) | wedding dress: @yemishoyemi & bouquet: @adelasflowers (right) | images via Instagram
- Image 1: @elizabethandlacebridals/ Instagram
- Image 2: @inidimaokojie (image on right)
- Image 3: @jk.studios and bride is Angel, Comedian funnyboneofficial’s wife (left) | @mercychinwo (right)
- Image 4: @anitabrows
- Image 5: @bridesnmoreikeja (left) | @bedgepictures (middle) | @georgeokoroweddings (right)
- Image 6: @shutterwavephotography
About Stella Anokam
Stella is the founder and editor of this blog (NaijaGlamWedding). She's a project manager who loves weddings and believes that every wedding is a project and can benefit from simple PM ideas. She loves helping couples figure out how to plan a memorable Nigerian wedding on any budget. | Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest for a daily dose of bite-sized tips and inspiration. | Also, submit your marriage proposal and wedding pictures, with your love stories to be featured.
all the gowns are wonderful, how I which I will have opportunity to go for one.(Video) Speechless!!!!! 😮 These wedding dresses are extremely gorgeous 😍 … Which is your favorite??
Dorcas Agboola says
I admire these wedding gowns. Please always update me with the latest design.
Stella Anokam says
Thanks, Dorcas. If you subscribe/ register here (click) and follow us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, we will happily update you with every new set of wedding gown designs we feature, as well as other wedding fashion, beauty and planning tips from this blog. So, go on and register now.
Wao! Nice Tips – Would also love it if you show us pricing! Anywhere your blog is quite informative.(Video) 2022 Latest Wedding Gown | Most Stylish African Wedding Dress For Beautiful Bride
Stella Anokam says
Thank you, Oge; and welcome to our Nigerian wedding blog. Click here to check this article where I featured pricing of some stylish but affordable wedding gowns from Amazon (you will have to point & click on the wedding dress you like to see the price.
ujuagu mary says
oh, wat a wonderful page. i lov evry bit of time i spent here, nd i enjoyed dis page. keep it up
Stella Anokam says
Thank you, Mary. We love it when our readers leave us comments – thanks. Please follow us on Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Instagram for more stuff from us.(Video) 2022 Trending African Celebrities Asoebi Styles||Nigerian Traditional Wedding Dress Ideas